Sunday 30 April 2023

Vlog #2: Does machine translation impact human translators?

As ChatGPT has just arrived on the scene, I've chosen artificial intelligence and machine translation as a topic to talk about in another vlog.

 

Does the widespread use of machine translation these days impact the work of human translators?

Is artificial intelligence a threat to the translation profession?

And do human translators use machine translation and tools like ChatGPT in their work?

 

Watch my latest video post, in which I'm sharing some thoughts on these and other questions:









Here are the blog posts which I'm referring to in the vlog:

4 April 2022: My 10 translation workflow stages

17 February 2022: The translation workflow stage that should never be omitted

1 February 2020: Why translators don’t fear the machines

12 December 2020:  The hallmarks of a good translator

30 April 2019: Human translation simply explained 

27 January 2018:  Machine translation in human translation workflows

12 September 2017: DeepL: Tool or threat for translators? 

 

Thanks so much for watching my second vlog, and do stay tuned!